Friday, March 09, 2007

So, on the Yahoo! homepage this morning, I awoke to find a research article headline stating this: Child's Sleep Disorder Affects Parents Too. Um, you think? Here is the first paragraph of the article: "NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - When children have sleep problems, their parents -- especially mothers -- often have sleep-deprived nights too, research shows." Here is the second paragraph: "In a study of families with children seen at a sleep clinic, researchers found that when children had multiple sleep problems, their parents were more likely to have daytime drowsiness." Seriously? That is what the researchers at Brown Medical School in Providence, Rhode Island are doing with their time? Good Lord! Any parent on the street could have told Dr. Julie Boergers and her research team that, don't you think? That's all for today everyone. I just had to share it. Lol.

5 comments:

Wendy Updegraff said...

hahaha that's so funny!!! Kind of like when people don't eat food, they might suffer from starvation? Gotta love people with PHDs and a whole lot of time on their hands... oh yeah, and childless.

Adrienne said...

Your website is very inspiring. Thanks for blogging! I really admire your style!

Just an FYI: the blue color of your blog, while yummy, makes it difficult to read the white text.

Looking forward to more entries!

shelbi said...

hehe...from a mommy of 4 (with an 8th mo. old teething baby right now) I had to just say, sleep deprivation is my middle name! also, a fellow etsian, just wanted to pop in & say I LOVE your designs! i found you thru 2 peas, so, between etsy, scrappin and sleep deprivation, i'd say we had lots in common! ;) have a wonderful day!

Abby said...

I did a fascinating study at the University of My Apartment, and I found that--wait for it...I actually lose sleep when my baby does. Wait, someone already did that study? Crap! All the wasted research hours! Maybe now I'll concentrate my efforts on the effects of me not getting Ben & Jerry's whenever I want it. My hypothesis is crankiness.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found your etsy store, having just opened up my own. I noticed that you are in AR? Me too! I'm near Fayetteville. Your items are really gorgeous. Just wanted to say Hi!

Mendy
moderncharm