Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Twenty

Good Tuesday morning everyone! Here are my answers to Sophia's blog challenge! Love those challenges!

Do you cook all or part of the meal?
Seriously? All of the meal? Not a chance. Lol.

How much do you spend buying groceries for the meal?
Since I don't cook the entire meal, not much!

Do you eat at home or go to someone else's?
Depending on the year, either my parent's house 20 minutes away or the in-laws relatives in Oklahoma.

Describe your perfect bite?
I'm a seperator. I don't combine ingredients on my plate. Ever. Everything is in its own little section.

White meat or dark?
Most definitely white if I have my choice. I'm not too picky in that department though.

Stuffing with giblets or without?
I don't do stuffing. Craziness, I know. (Others in my family prefer without giblets though.)

Anything you won't eat at the Thanksgiving meal?
Not a huge fan of sweet potatoes. Until my eighteenth birthday, I was forced to take a couple bites of everything though. Lol.

Carve Mr. Gobble at the table or serve on a platter?
Serve it on a pretty platter baby!

Favorite pie?
Mom's homemade Chocolate French Silk. Sinful, I tell you.

Formal table or Chinet?
Depends on the place of dinner consumption. I prefer a pretty table with the formal dishes and stemware.

Your menu?
Traditional stuff. Nothing more or less. Once we ate dessert before the meal though. That changed things up a bit. Lol. Good times in my family...

Favorite leftover?
Mashed potatoes with a lot o' butter. My arteries are still recovering from last Thanksgiving's leftovers. You only live once, right?

Extended family, friends, both or just the immediate family for dinner?
Extended family from out of town. (And friends, if they need a place. Of course.)

After dinner, do you go to the latest movie or football on TV?
Dallas Cowboys baby! Every year. Without exception. I married into a HUGE family of Cowboys fans.

Do you watch the Macy's Parade?
You betta believe it! One of my favorite parts of the day!

Christmas decorations up before or after?
The weekend after. Always. It's tradition.

Black Friday shopping or sleep in?
Sleep the heck in. (Oh, wait, that was BEFORE kids. Sleep in now? Ha! I wish.) I shop online, by the way. No patience for crowds.

Any special Thanksgiving tradition?
We all tell what we're thankful for while sitting around the table... It's nice. A little mushy. But nice.

Favorite thing about Thanksgiving?
Can I say guilt free consumption of French Silk Pie?

Favorite Thanksgiving memory?
Hmmm. That's a toughie. Not one memory for me in general, I suppose... Probably just the feeling of bountiful happiness. I'm serious.

1 comment:

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh this is a great question/answer thingie. I think I will have to steal it for my Thanksgiving morning blog. Love it!
I am a huge Cowboys fan too! Made my weekend this past Sunday when we beat the Colts!
Homemade mashed potatoes are probably my fave part of the meal--and they're great as leftovers too!
I'm hungry just reading this--and ready to go visit family!